If you’re looking for my blog posts, click here.
A little about me:
Hello! My name is Arnette or better known as Round The World Girl. I am part of the new trend of travelers that have a discerned taste for fashion, food, and unforgettable experiences yet are neither budget nor super high end luxury. I’m what you call a real traveler. I still look for great bargains but I will splurge for a great experience. I’ll eat anything from street food to Michelin starred meals. I love to partake in activities that will provide life long memories that I can share with friends and family. I live for experiences.
How did you get the name Round The World Girl?? For that story click here.
After going through some life changing experiences in 2009, I decided to take a career break in 2011. I left for a round the world trip that would end up taking me through 19 countries in 19 months. When I returned from traveling, I decided not to go back to cubicle life. Prior to my trip, I worked in the sports and fashion industries working with different brands and publications. I also produced special events and parties. I am now based in Los Angeles and work freelance specializing in social media, marketing, and brand strategy.
Prior to setting off for my round the world trip, I decided not to have a blog. I really wanted to experience life on the road without constantly worrying about documenting everything. I shot thousands of photos and wrote some notes but otherwise I used that time to immerse myself in my local surroundings and really unplug.
When I returned from my trip, family and friends would often ask for recommendations about places I traveled to since I have always been that person who leaves reviews and shares tips. I started this blog as a permanent place to share not only my findings and experiences but anything else I think may be useful to others for their travels and life. I hope that my blog is helpful and inspires you to travel more whether it be across the world or just within your local area.
Please enjoy and come back often!
Samples of work:
- AFAR.com Guide For Vancouver Guide
- Travel Dudes: Paris Tips
- photo for Travel & Leisure food story
- Vancouver Slop Guest Post: Ajisai
- WestinFinds From AFAR – Bali, Vancouver, Melbourne, Toronto, Los Angeles, Indianapolis
- Vancouver Gastropost – Just Desserts, Chinese New Year, Make Waves With Seafood, Popping Bottles, Again, Grill Time, Mexican to the Max, Sea Food, Ooey Gooey Goodness, Salad Time, Alternative Eats and Good Morning
- EmpireAve.com – Best Apps for Travel , Best Travel Instagram Accounts, Dsptch Case Collection
- Visit Oakland – Savor Oakland Food Tour
- FathomAway.com – Gold Medal Weekend in Whistler
- Hundreds.com – Infatuation Interview, A Guide to Dusseldorf, DSPTCH Interview
**Disclaimer: Due to the nature of my work, I am often gifted products or am invited to events and trips. I still consider my blog a place where I share only the best recommendations for my family and friends. I am very particular about what I do, what I purchase, and what I share with my personal networks. Anything on this site is a personal reflection of myself and I do not endorse things that I have not experienced or would recommend to my close, personal network.
Emails for my newsletter or contests are private and never shared with any other parties.**