Amsterdam: Photo Inspiration And Things To Do
Heading to Amsterdam?
During my round the world trip I spent about five days in Amsterdam. I was planning to visit and stay in a hostel but reconnected with my friend Mattijs who I met while traveling in Bali. He was kind enough to host me during my stay and lucky me, he lived right in the heart of Amsterdam on Keizersgracht.
Here are some Amsterdam photos highlights:
Boat Tour Of The Canals
Inside A Canal Boat
On The Canal
A Tall Ship Parked Along The Canals
Buildings Along The Canals
Bronze sculpture called Belle in the Red Light District By An Anonymous Artist
Red Light District during the day
Queen Beatrix By Andy Warhol in the Rijksmuseum
The Night Watch By Rembrandt in the Rijksmuseum, one of the world’s most famous paintings
A dj playing at the Van Gogh Museum on a Friday night
Hartenkaas sandwiches in the 9 Streets. Supposedly the best sandwiches!
Gouda is good!
Tulips along Singel canal
And of courseI did! I lucked out and got a solo!
Things I did and places I visited and recommend for Amsterdam:
- Vondelpark – a must visit city park near Museumplein
- Dam Square – the city’s central square
- Free walking tour with Sandemans
- Canal Tour -just walk up to the canal and you can join one easily. Under 10 Euros
- Red Light District – not everyone’s cup of tea but I had to take a peep (ha sorry)
- Albert Cuyp Market – I didn’t buy anything but tried out the street food
- Anne Frank House – I recommend making a reservation for a ticket and visit time
- Van Gogh Museum – I went on a Friday night and there was a DJ!!!
- Coffee Shop – they say when in Rome! I went to Homegrown Fantasy, a favorite of Willie Nelson and B. Real from Cypress Hill
- Nine Streets to shop/window shop
- Rijksmuseum in Museumplein
- IAMsterdam sign!
FOR MORE HELPFUL POSTS AND LINKS:
SAVE THIS TO PINTEREST