Railay Beach: A Photo Diary and Things To Do
Planning your Thailand trip? Add Railay Beach to your itinerary
When I was in Koh Samui, Thailand, I met a fellow solo traveler named Jenny at my hostel. She asked me if I wanted to join her and go to an island called Koh Phi Phi. I had no set plans and we got along well so I did. Phi Phi is a party island and while we were there Jenny decided to stay a few more days and keep partying. I was ready to move on, so I went to Krabi. I traveled via boat to Krabi. Once I got to Krabi I met a friendly group of travelers at my hostel. Several of them were planning to go to Railay Beach for the day. I decided to join in on the excursion. I had heard of it from some friends who went on their honeymoon. It sounded like it had more of a relaxed vibe, which is what I was needing after a few days on Phi Phi.
Here are photos from our day trip:
Things to do at Railay Beach:
- We hiked up to a viewpoint even though some of our companions weren’t properly equipped with the right shoes. My friend Adam and I heard about the rock climbing so we took trail shoes with us.
- We went inside a cave to look at stalagmites and stalactites. Watch out for bat droppings!
- We ate Thai crepes! I remember having a Nutella and banana one.
- Lay on the beach.
- After our long day at Railay, we took the longtail boat back to Krabi
Note: It was overcast that day but that doesn’t mean that it wasn’t hot. The sun was beating down on us through the clouds and we all still managed to get color, everything from lobster to bronze.
FOR MORE HELPFUL POSTS AND LINKS:
- For more travel tips and other destination guides
- To book Railay Beach experiences with Viator
- Use this link to book the best deals on your accommodations with Booking.com
- Use this link to research your flights and car rental on Skyscanner
- Get up to a $40 discount on your first stay with Air BNB by using my referral link