Travel Makeup: What I Pack In My Travel Makeup Bag
Doing a round the world trip with one bag didn’t stop me from bringing a travel makeup bag or force me to stop wearing makeup on my trip. I don’t wear a lot in general and I wear even less when I travel but I did have times when I needed to appear more polished. Most of my travel days I just wore sunscreen with a little bit of blush, pumped my eyelashes with my eyelash curler and swiped on some mascara. Many days I was barefaced because I was on the beach or out in the water swimming, snorkeling, or surfing.
READ MORE RELATED POSTS:
- For travel tips and other destination guides
- Current Travel Beauty Favorites
- Fall Skincare Round-Up
- Sunscreen Favorites
- Use this link to book the best deals on your accommodations with Booking.com
- Use this link to research your flights and car rental on Skyscanner
- Get up to a $40 discount off your first stay with Air BNB by using my referral link
I like to use 2-in-1 products since I can get lazy about primping. There were many times on my trip when I found myself going out dancing with friends, attending nice dinners, and even attending art gallery openings on a moment’s notice. A budget backpacker, I am not! I love seeing what’s in other people’s medicine cabinets so I thought I would share what was in my travel makeup bag for my RTW trip.
Here’s what was in my travel makeup bag (what I use on the regular):
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Sand – makeup/sunscreen 2 in 1 (ran out and bought Bobbi Brown’s BB cream with SPF 35 when I was at a duty-free)
- Laura Mercier secret concealer – concealer and finishing powder – another multi-purpose item
- Nars Laguna/Orgasm bronzer/blush duo – multi-purpose item, I do not look alive without some blush on my face
- Shu Uemura eyelash curler – my eyelashes are stick straight and need a lot of help
- Benefit Bad Gal mascara – I buy the travel size mascara at Sephora for $10. I like to throw out my mascara after 2-3 months because I wear contacts. But now I found a new mascara which I love by Maybelline which is only available in Asia.
- Wet n Wild cheap eyeliner in black
- Stila eyeshadow palette that I put together for nights out.
- Lipgloss: Nars Chihuahua or lately I’ve been obsessed with Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment with SPF 15 . I swear my lips are never chapped when I use this
- Lip Smacker in Dr. Pepper: Gives a hint of color, is less than $2 and the big glue stick size is easy to find in a bottomless pit of a purse
- I have makeup brushes from Stila, MAC and Eco Tools. Eco Tools has a great budget priced kit that I highly recommend
- Beauty Blender: I like using this over foundation brush for the tinted moisturizer or BB cream. It’s cheap enough to toss regularly and easy to find in other countries or Sephora
I wasn’t too worried about running out of things on the road when I traveled. I came across Boots Drugs in Thailand, Watsons in the Philippines, and there’s Sephora in Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. There are department stores that carry high-end brands and of course if you’re in a place long enough, you can have items shipped. But the best part is finding products that are only available in a certain country or region. Australia was fantastic for organic skincare and brands I’ve never heard of before like Aesop (now dominating the whole world), Jurlique, and Trilogy. If you’re in Hong Kong be sure to check out Sasa. It’s like an Asian beauty emporium all over the city. I spend a ton in there stocking up on Asian beauty products. I love the airport duty-free as well. The duty-free in Dubai was great as is Singapore and Hong Kong.