Amsterdam, Netherlands: A Photo Diary + Recommended Things To Do
During my round the world trip I spent five days in Amsterdam. Originally, my plan was a quick visit and stay in a hostel. Before I arrived I reconnected with a traveller named Mattijs who I met in Bali. He was kind enough to host me during my stay and lucky me, he lived right in the heart of Amsterdam on Keizersgracht.
Here are some of my trip photo highlights:
Boat Tour Of The Canals
Inside A Canal Boat
On The Canal
A Tall Ship Parked Along The Canals
Buildings Along The Canals
A bronze sculpture called Belle in the Red Light District
Red Light District during the day
Queen Beatrix By Andy Warhol in the Rijksmuseum
The Night Watch By Rembrandt in the Rijksmuseum, one of the world’s most famous paintings
A dj playing at the Van Gogh Museum on a Friday night
Hartenkaas sandwiches in the 9 Streets. Supposedly the best sandwiches!
Gouda is good!
Tulips along Singel canal
And of course, I did! I lucked out and got a solo!
Need a hotel for Amsterdam? Booking has the best rates and cancellation policy!
Recommended Things To Do In Amsterdam:
- Vondelpark – a must visit city park near Museumplein
- Dam Square – the city’s central square
- Sandemans Free Walking Tour
- Canal Tour -you can just walk up to the canal and join one without a reservation. Under 10 Euros
- Red Light District – not everyone’s cup of tea but I had to take a peep (ha sorry)
- Albert Cuyp Market – I didn’t go shopping here but I tried out the local street food
- Anne Frank House – Buy a ticket in advance!
- Van Gogh Museum – I went on a Friday night and there was a DJ!!! Click here for tickets
- Coffee Shop – they say when in Rome!
- Nine Streets – for shopping
- Rijksmuseum in Museumplein – Buy a skip the line and admission ticket here
- IAMsterdam sign!
SAVE THIS TO PINTEREST