Beautyblender | Is This Makeup Applicator Worth The Hype And Money?
Beautyblender…Do You Own One?
For a long time, I would see the brand Beautyblender in Sephora. I kept watching Youtubers and makeup folk on Instagram sponging away their faces. Finally, I went into a store to see it in person and I couldn’t believe this sponge was about $20. Was it really worth it? I didn’t think so.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, if you click through an affiliate link and make a purchase, I may make a commission.
Being the budget-minded person I am, I went on to buy different blender applicators from different brands and stores. I thought there’s no way something like that was worth $20. So I bought one by ELF at Target for about $6. Then I went on to buy one by Real Techniques at Ulta for around $5. I also bought a 2 pack at Primark in Madrid for 2€. I could not understand why people loved them so much.
I didn’t realize this before but the key is to saturate the Beautyblender with water and then squeeze out excess water. This prevents your foundation or product to be soaked up by the applicator. The Beautyblender puffs up (shown below) when it’s been saturated and when it dries it goes back down in size. After each use, it’s also recommended to be washed and air dried.
OTHER POSTS YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN
TRIP PLANNING STARTS HERE
- Arnette’s favourite gear and gadgets for travel and daily life
- For more travel tips and other destination guides
- Follow me! Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
HELPFUL GENERAL TRAVEL TIPS
- Flights: Find a cheap flight using Skyscanner or Momondo. I like these two booking sites because they both search all websites and airlines around the globe including budget airlines.
- Accommodations: I use Booking.com or Tripadvisor to find the best rates on hotels. Hotels.com offers a free night after booking 10 nights.
- Get up to $40 off your first Air Bnb stay by using this code!
- Travel Insurance: Having gotten sick on my travels in the past, I never travel without being insured. You never know when something may happen. For my round the world trip and extended long-term travel, I use World Nomads. For other trips, I have used Roam Right and they cover activities like extreme sports.
The other applicators I bought are denser and the application is not the same. If I hadn’t bought so many blender applicators and wasted my money on them, I wouldn’t be here writing this post talking about my love of the Beautyblender.
I have a lot of makeup brushes. I have a foundation brush, a stippler, an airbrush foundation brush, you name it, I probably have it. But this is the first time I don’t see makeup on my face yet I have foundation coverage to even out my skin tone and make my skin look a better version of itself. I am definitely a fan and it’s so much more convenient for travel than big brushes!
Let me know in the comments if you use Beautyblender or what you use?
To buy the Beautyblender at Sephora.com
To buy the Beautyblender on Amazon.com
DON’T FORGET TO SAVE THIS TO PINTEREST
*Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, if you click through an affiliate link and make a purchase, I may make a commission.*