Where To Find The Best Spanish Tortilla In San Sebastian, Spain
Have you ever had Spanish tortilla before?
Lately, I have been fondly remembering different places that I ate and frequented on my round the world trip. One of my favourite breakfasts while I was in Spain, was the “tortilla”. It is probably not the flatbread you are thinking that is common in Mexican food. A Spanish tortilla is an omelet with potato.
TRIP PLANNING STARTS HERE
- What To Eat In San Sebastian
- San Sebastian: Photo Inspiration
- Arnette’s favourite gear and gadgets for travel and daily life
- For more travel tips and other destination guides
- Follow me! Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
HELPFUL GENERAL TRAVEL TIPS
- Flights: Find a cheap flight using Skyscanner or Momondo. I like these two booking sites because they both search all websites and airlines around the globe including budget airlines.
- Accommodations: I use Booking.com or Tripadvisor to find the best rates on hotels
- Travel Insurance: Having gotten sick on my travels in the past, I never travel without being insured. You never know when something may happen. For my round the world trip and extended long-term travel, I use World Nomads. For other trips, I have used Roam Right and they cover activities like extreme sports.
- Get up to $40 off your first Air Bnb stay by using this code!
Every morning while I was staying in San Sebastian in the north of Spain, I ate one or even two. I would eat my tortilla with a cafe con leche from Bar Zabaleta, a bar across the street from my accommodations. I am not a Spanish pintxos expert but something about Zabaleta’s tortilla made it the best. I had eaten them at almost all the pintxo bars in San Sebastian. I can’t share the owner’s secret (my friend ended working for him for a bit) but his method gives it a more creamy texture, flavorful taste, and rich colouring. Just looking at this photo makes me crave that tasty little slice. If you are planning a trip to San Sebastian, try one. I know that you will agree with me!
Zabaleta Kalea 51
Spain (a block behind Zurriola beach)