Carryon Packing List: What I Pack + A Free Printable!
This may come as a surprise to some people but I have a hard time packing just as much as the next person. You would think after a round the world trip for 19 months and then constant travelling from my nomadic life that I would have this down. To be honest, I think the more I travel, the worse I get. Haha. I do however have a basic carryon packing list that does not change from trip to trip. I thought I would share it with you in case you need some ideas or inspiration!
My carryon packing list:
iPhone – My camera, my alarm, my music, my command center
Camera – I love my Sony RX100M3. I don’t go anywhere without it
Eye Mask – For long plane rides or when I don’t want to talk to anyone haha
Headphones – noise cancellation headphones are the best. I use Urban Ears
Ziplocs – A few in different sizes to avoid leaks, spills or hold a wet swimsuit
Disinfecting wipes – To wipe down tray table and surfaces around me
Makeup remover wipes – My brand of choice is by Bioderma and wipes means less liquid!
Hand sanitizer – It’s not always possible to wash hands
Hand cream – My hands are always dry and this is my favorite (the smell is a bit pine-y)
Contact solution + contact case – I actually refill mine from bigger bottles for less plastic waste!
Ipad Mini – I load these up with magazines, movies, and a book (or I carry a physical book)
Anker portable battery – Can’t go anywhere without this. It charges my iPhone, iPad, and GoPro
Monster 2 Go Travel Power Strip – if you carry a smartphone, cameras, and other gear this is amazing!
Some travel sized Advil – I also carry travel-sized Aleve for those lady times
Sonicare Toothbrush – I don’t bring the charger. I just charge up and it’s good for a few weeks
Toothpaste – My favourite brands are Tom’s of Maine or Kiss My Face
MacBook Air – I have been trying to not travel with this but I always do!
Carryon Packing List – for foreign trips:
Passport + passport wallet – This one by Bellroy has slots for tickets and currency and a mini pen for forms
Universal Plug Adapter – I like universal ones because who knows when you add on another destination!
Other carryon packing list essentials:
- Wallet with ID, ATM & credit cards obviously
- Boarding pass printed unless you use your phone
- Charging cords
- Prescription meds if you are on anything
- Snacks – I like to bring nuts or trail mix, granola bars. On my last trip, I took a package of oatmeal to just add hot water too. It was healthier than other options!
- Extra underwear and a change of clothes – I wear layers to stay warm or cool on the plane
- Resistance band + jump rope – lately, I’ve been trying to get back to healthy so exercise is a priority
- For foreign travel: photocopy of ID, credit cards, and passport and also send a copy to Dropbox or email account