Tested And Reviewed: A Fall 2017 Beauty Product Round-Up
I’ll be the first to admit I’m a product junkie. Whether it’s travel product, tech, makeup, or beauty, I can’t help but love trying new things. It probably comes from my days when I was a fashion retail buyer. I’m always watching trends and seeking out new things. In the past few months, I’ve tested a lot of items and wanted to review them so here is my Fall 2017 Beauty Product Round-Up.
This summer I was having some issues with my skin. My skin is very oily and acne-prone. I started breaking out and it seemed as though my skin was getting even more oily. After my teens and twenties, I thought this problem would stop but clearly, not.
After examining my skin, I learned that my oil factory skin was actually dehydrated. Because of the heat and sweat, I was overwashing and using too many products that were fighting oil. So my skin reacted by producing even more oil. It was parched. I went back to the drawing board and tried out a handful of new products to fix my skincare issues.
**Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. There is no additional cost to you, if you click through an affiliate link and make a purchase, I may make a commission.**
Tested: Fall 2017 Beauty Products
Fall 2017 Beauty Product Favorite: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Line
This summer I learned that my really oily skin was in fact, dehydrated. Because I was using so much product to combat my oiliness, I was being counterproductive by starving it of moisture. As someone who has really oily skin and is acne prone, I’m always afraid to moisturize. But because my skin was so starved for moisture, it was actually producing more oil.
My lovely friend Danielle from The Style and Beauty Doctor told me about Neutrogena’s new Hydroboost line which is made with hyaluronic acid which helps your skin’s hydration levels. Neutrogena was kind enough to send over some items to test and I am loving the whole line. I have tried so many moisturizers over the years only to have products sitting in my medicine cabinet and money wasted. I have been using the products daily since I received them in September and can see a huge difference in my skin.
- Hydro Boost Water Gel With Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 – Perfect for layering under makeup and so important to wear SPF daily!!!
- Hydro Boost Hydrating Cleansing Gel – This is great because it doesn’t strip my skin of moisture and it really cleanses
- HydroBoost Exfoliating Cleanser – I only use this cleanser once or twice a week when I need to exfoliate
- Hydro Boost Gel Cream – I use this moisturizer at night on top of my serums but under my oils
- Hydro Boost Water Gel – I use this as my daytime moisturizer
- Not pictured – Hydro Boost Gel-Cream For Eyes – I use this as a daytime eye cream. Great under makeup but I prefer something heavier at night.
Fall 2017 Beauty Product Favorite: Le Petit Marseillais
When I travel I love going to shops and pharmacies to discover the local brands. When I was in Europe I came across French brand Le Petit Marseillais. The brand is well loved in France and I’m so happy to know it’s made its way to North America. I spied it at my local Rite Aid and Target or you can order online via Amazon by clicking on the images in this post.
- Cotton Poppy scent – this is definitely my favourite scent
- Lavender Honey -always a classic and favourite
Fall 2017 Beauty Product Favorite: RoC® Skincare
If you are not familiar with RoC® here is a bit of background from their site:
“Created at the Roge Cavailles pharmacy in 1957 by Dr. Jean-Charles Lissarrague, a Parisian pharmacist who believed in a more proactive, positive and pleasurable approach to beauty, RoC®’s revolutionary line of skincare was born.
Dr. Lissarrague was a firm believer in crafting innovative skincare solutions to help women look and feel their best at every age. He created the first hypoallergenic skin care product, first SPF sunscreen, and was the first to discover the method for stabilizing Retinol, combining it with other antioxidants to make it possible for daily use.”
I’m a bit familiar with the line because Canada often has European beauty lines before the USA does so I know of the line from back home but have never used any of their product. I have been so delayed in starting my anti-aging routine and RoC® was kind enough to send over some items to try out. If you’re new to Retinol, do try this line!! I have been using the products below and I can definitely see a difference in the texture of my skin.
2. RoC® RETINOL CORREXION® Sensitive Night Cream – This is a great starter product if you’re new to Retinol. My skin isn’t sensitive but I use this when I’m layering different products because I worry about a reaction. So far so great!
3. RoC® RETINOL CORREXION® Deep Wrinkle Serum – I love serums and I love this. After I cleanse my skin, I put this on my face then layer with moisturizer and then oils.
Fall 2017 Beauty Product Favorite: Sunday Riley UFO
Previously I didn’t know much about the brand Sunday Riley. After receiving a friend’s recommendation, I decided to try it. Before investing in a pricey bottle, I went to Sephora to get a sample. Normally I use La Roche Posay’s Effaclar Duo and have been using it for a long time. But I wanted to try something that was less drying and I have been interested in trying out oils on my oily skin.
I will be the first to admit I’m a bit of a picker. I pick at my skin which is really horrible but I can’t help put want to squeeze out the blackheads and pimples. Anyways when I use this I find that it calms my skin down and I don’t have redness in the morning and my skin looks back to normal (I only use at night).
Here are some details about this oil:
- 1.5% salicylic acid
- quick drying
- not greasy
Fall 2017 Beauty Product Favorite: Pixi Tonic
I have been trying to find something to exfoliate my skin that isn’t abrasive and I follow my Korean friend Helen on IG and she was raving about Pixi Tonic. So I bought a smaller size at Target. So far I am liking it. I use it all the time but occasionally in the mornings since I exfoliate and use other serums and a washcloth at night.
Here are some details from the Pixi site:
- Exfoliates and purifies the skin with Glycolic Acid
- Ginseng improves circulation and energizes
- Aloe vera soothes and hydrates
- Refines the appearance of pores
- Gently accelerates cell renewal to reveal a brighter, glowing complexion
- Balances, heals and soothes for radiant, healthier looking skin
- Suitable for all skin types
- Not tested on animals
And those are my favourite beauty products for Fall 2017! Do you use any of these products? Are you interested in trying them out? Leave any thoughts in the comments!
PURCHASE THE ITEMS FROM THIS POST
DON’T FORGET TO SAVE THIS TO PINTEREST
**Disclaimer: Neutrogena, Le Petit Marseillais, and RoC® Skincare were kind enough to send over products for review. As always opinions stated are solely my own.**
FOR MORE HELPFUL POSTS AND LINKS:
DON’T FORGET TO SAVE THIS TO PINTEREST!!
**Disclaimer: Many thanks to Neutrogena, Le Petit Marseillais, and ROC Skincare for sending over products to review. As always, opinions stated are solely my own. This post contains affiliate links. There is no additional cost to you, if you click through an affiliate link and make a purchase, I may make a commission.*