Goal Zero Solar Chargers Are Perfect For Travel
Have you guys heard of Goal Zero before??
Goal Zero makes portable solar power systems that power up different USB, AC, and DC devices anytime, anywhere. Ages ago I came across the brand on Instagram but had never seen them in person. Randomly when I went to the LA Times Travel show (in 2013), they had a booth and I saw them up close and personal.
This is the Nomad 7 solar panel
The Switch Charger
This is the Sherpa Battery
These solar chargers are perfect for round the world travellers and outdoor adventurers. Their chargers aren’t just for people who spend time off the grid. The chargers would even be perfect for a beach holiday or fishing trip. There have been so many times the battery on my iPhone or camera would give out on me while out on a snorkel trip or even a day at the beach. As a gear junkie, I need to be able to charge on the fly! Goal Zero would have been ideal when I was in Palawan where electricity is still on power schedules and electricity in my guest house was only on for 6 hours.
After going to the LA Times Travel show, Goal Zero sent me a charging kit to test out. I don’t use it daily but when I know that I’ll be outside or not able to get to a plug, I’ll bring it along with me.
Here are examples of my Goal Zero in use:
Perfect for sunny days outside at the beach or park
Charging on my friend’s dashboard on our way to Palm Springs
I took out my Switch and Nomad out on a sturgeon fishing trip
To buy Goal Zero items, click the following:
Nomad & Switch kit – perfect for smartphones, GoPro, cameras
MORE TRIP PLANNING RESOURCES
- Arnette’s favourite gear and gadgets for travel and daily life
- For more travel tips and other destination guides
- Follow me! Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
HELPFUL GENERAL TRAVEL TIPS
- Flights: Find a cheap flight using Skyscanner or Momondo. I like these two booking sites because they both search all websites and airlines around the globe including budget airlines.
- Accommodations: I use Booking.com or Tripadvisor to find the best rates on hotels. Hotels.com offers a free night after booking 10 nights.
- Get up to $40 off your first Air Bnb stay by using this code!
- Travel Insurance: Having gotten sick on my travels in the past, I never travel without being insured. You never know when something may happen. For my round the world trip and extended long-term travel, I use World Nomads. For other trips, I have used Roam Right and they cover activities like extreme sports.
**Many thanks to Goal Zero for sending over the solar charging kits. As always, opinions expressed are my own. This post contains affiliate links. There is no additional cost to you, if you click through an affiliate link and make a purchase, I may make a commission **