Golden Ears: A Day Trip From Vancouver
Need day trip ideas? Golden Ears is an excellent day trip from Vancouver!
Golden Ears Provincial Park is located in Maple Ridge, British Columbia. It’s roughly an hour and a half from downtown Vancouver and an excellent outdoorsy day trip. It’s one of the largest parks in the province with loads of activities and things to do. Choose from hiking, horseback riding, swimming, canoeing, boating, fishing, and more. You can even camp here at one of the three campgrounds.
AWESOME PRODUCTS THAT I USE ON EVERY TRIP!
I was staying with my brother who lives in the suburbs of Vancouver, so it only took me about 40 minutes to get here. My father had just passed away and I needed some fresh air and beautiful scenery. I can’t remember the last time I went to Golden Ears prior to this visit (2015), I think that would have been as a child with my parents.
I didn’t really have a plan other than to explore a bit since it had been years since I have been here. I made a couple of stops to take photos.
At the entrance to the park
Beautiful trees everywhere
Walks in nature always clear my head during rough times
“The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness. – John Muir”
I used to come to Alouette Lake with my parents as a child
Canadian moments at Golden Ears Provincial Park
Here’s a Google Map to help you find your way to Golden Ears!
Tips for Golden Ears:
- Cell service is pretty spotty here. I didn’t have any service anywhere in the park.
- Park hosts and security available in the summer
- Summer months are very busy, especially on weekends. Parking lots get really full and often close due to capacity
- You can rent canoes, kayaks, and paddle boats during summer months
- For camping info and reservations, check this website
- For more information, go to the Destination BC‘s website