A Vancouver Favorite: Guu Izakaya
Are you planning a trip to Vancouver and love Japanese food?! Be sure to add Guu onto your list!
Guu is an izakaya in Vancouver, which is like a Japanese pub serving small share plates. They are the pioneers of this style of food in the city and it is a place love to visit and recommend to friends visiting the city.
I met up with some friends who were visiting in town as well as a new local friend. We decided to order a bunch of things and share (the best way to eat here!).
Here are a few photos from dinner:
Chicken Karaage, deep fried chicken with Japanese mayo
Okonomiyaki, a savory pancake with squid and cabbage filling
Seared tuna sashimi on daikon
Spicy Rice with ground pork cooked in a hot stone bowl
Pan fried udon noodles with beef
Guu Izakaya has several locations around Vancouver and Toronto! Definitely, add them to your Vancouver trip plans if you’re a fan of Japanese food. I always eat there every time I go home. Let me know what you think of them in the comments if you do go!
Be sure to check out my other posts about Vancouver:
- Vancouver Travel Tips
- The Best Things To Do In Vancouver That Are Free
- A 48 Hour Itinerary For Vancouver
- The Best Beaches In Vancouver
- A Coffee Guide to Vancouver
- A Definite Must Visit Place In Vancouver: Granville Island
- Helicopter Tour Over Vancouver With Helijet
- Deep Cove in North Vancouver
- Vancouver Photowalks
- The Best Eats In Vancouver Under $20
- For more travel tips and other destination guides
- Use this link to book the best deals on your accommodations
- Use this link to research your flights and car rental
- Get $35 off your first stay with Air Bnb by using this link