Hong Kong Markets: Markets You Should Not To Miss
Whenever I travel or even when I’m at home in the US, I always visit markets. At home, it’s my local farmers market. When I am travelling, it’s anything from flea markets to night markets. Hong Kong markets are some of my favourite in the world. So if you’re like me and planning a trip to Hong Kong, don’t skip them. Try to visit at least one of the ones listed below! Visit one at the very least!
TRIP PLANNING STARTS HERE
- A Video Snippet of Victoria Harbour
- 5 Hong Kong Must-Dos
- The Best Views In Hong Kong
- Visiting the Tian Tan Buddha and Tai O on Lantau Island
- A Hong Kong Jet Lag Photo Diary
- Shangri-La Kowloon Hotel and Shang Palace 2 Star Michelin Review
- Where To Eat In Hong Kong
- Arnette’s favourite gear and gadgets for travel and daily life
- For more travel tips and other destination guides
- Follow me! Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
HELPFUL GENERAL TRAVEL TIPS
- Flights: Find a cheap flight using Skyscanner or Momondo. I like these two booking sites because they both search all websites and airlines around the globe including budget airlines.
- Accommodations: I use Booking.com or Tripadvisor to find the best rates on hotels. Hotels.com offers a free night after booking 10 nights
- Get up to $40 off your first Air Bnb stay by using this code!
- Travel Insurance: Having gotten sick on my travels in the past, I never travel without being insured. You never know when something may happen. For my round the world trip and extended long-term travel, I use World Nomads. For other trips, I have used Roam Right and they cover activities like extreme sports.
Bird Garden in Mongkok on Yuen Po Street
A market for birds, beautiful cages, and a garden where locals bring their pet birds to sing their songs in public. The market is open from 10 am to 6 pm and is near the Prince Edward MTR Station.
Entering the Bird Garden
An escape in the middle of Mongkok
Beautifully handcrafted cages
A feathered friend
Hong Kong Flower Market
While you may not be looking to buy flowers on your travels, I’m a huge fan of flowers. So I just like to go and take a look at blooms. The flower market was along the way from the bird market so we walked by all of the floral shops.
Temple Street Night Market
Temple Street Night Market is located in the Jordan area of Kowloon. It spans several blocks and there are tons of great places to eat in the vicinity as well.
My local friend who’s a chef took my friends and I, for some seafood and shopping. There are seafood purveyors who you can buy fresh seafood from and then they cook it for you to eat. Since that visit, Temple Street has been one of my favourite Hong Kong markets to visit.
Rows on rows of vendors selling gadgets, trinkets, clothing, toys and more!
Hilarious signs at the market
Mmmm spicy crab!! Get some!
My friend getting her fortune read
Reading my hands
Antique Row aka Cat Street
Over on the Hong Kong Island side is a market area called Cat Street. Here you can find beautiful antiques and curios to bring back home. I loved just wandering around and seeing what was being sold. My friend found a really cool vintage glass clock.
Once I have a permanent home I would love to go back and look for unique home decor. Antique Row is located along Hollywood Road in Central on the Hong Kong island side.
My friend Anthony perusing. Side eye from the vendor lol
I know there are several other markets that I am missing like Stanley Market, Toy Market, the Wet Market (Chun Yeung Street), and more. More will be added to this list after future visits!
What are your favourite markets in Hong Kong?
SAVE THIS TO PINTEREST