iPhone 7 Plus | Tips For Small Hands + Recommended Accessories
One day, about a month ago, my dear old iPhone 6 didn’t turn on. Gasp. Cries. Freaks out. I tried everything but alas, my phone wouldn’t turn on. I went all zen mode and just tried to charge my phone and then went to bed. The next morning I went to the Apple store first thing and they told me that my phone was dead. There was nothing I could do other than to buy a new one. So there I was in the Apple store deciding on what new model to get. Should I get the iPhone 7? The iPhone 7 Plus?
TRIP PLANNING STARTS HERE
- Arnette’s favourite gear and gadgets for travel and daily life
- For more travel tips and other destination guides
- Follow me! Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
HELPFUL GENERAL TRAVEL TIPS
- Flights: Find a cheap flight using Skyscanner or Momondo. I like these two booking sites because they both search all websites and airlines around the globe including budget airlines.
- Accommodations: I use Booking.com or Tripadvisor to find the best rates on hotels. Hotels.com offers a free night after booking 10 nights.
- Get up to $40 off your first Air Bnb stay by using this code!
- Travel Insurance: Having gotten sick on my travels in the past, I never travel without being insured. You never know when something may happen. For my round the world trip and extended long-term travel, I use World Nomads. For other trips, I have used Roam Right and they cover activities like extreme sports.
I messaged my cousin from one of the laptops at Apple and she said she liked her iPhone 7. I had been deciding on whether to upgrade to the 6 Plus previously but held off because I have the smallest hands known to man.
When I was in Madrid last fall, I met a photographer at Palacio Cristal who had a new iPhone 7 Plus. He showed me its new portrait mode and I was kind of enamoured. Would I be able to handle such a big phone in my baby hands?!!!!! I wanted to get a phone with a really good camera so I could potentially travel with less gear!
A photo shot in my iPhone 7 Plus’ portrait mode. Untouched!
So I left Apple and drove to my local T-Mobile store with whom I have had a plan with for several years. I didn’t want to buy my new phone outright so I went with a monthly plan. I decided I was going to bite the bullet and get the iPhone 7 Plus. A few friends had the 6 Plus and they shared some tips on how to handle it even with petite hands.
Another photo in portrait mode. No edits!
After I left the T-Mobile shop I drove over to Target to look for a case. My phone needed a cover immediately but this wasn’t going to be the permanent case. I always take a while reading reviews and finding the best accessories that will work for me and my lifestyle. In the past, I have dropped and dinged my phone walking out of the cell phone store. Yes, I am that person.
After Target I went home and on to Amazon to buy a glass screen protector. I dropped my iPhone 6 and shattered the screen and had it replaced so I know the value of a good screen protector.
I’ve had the phone for about a month and a half now and I wanted to share my thoughts and some tips!
iPhone 7 Plus Tips For People With Small Hands
- Get Apple Care or insurance with your cellular company. I have the insurance plan with T-Mobile so I skipped the Apple Care because it also allows me to upgrade to the next phone when new models come out. I am not that person anymore that upgrades with every new model though but I like having insurance because I’m clumsy.
- Get a good case for your phone. As I have mentioned several times, I am clumsy. If I didn’t have a case, my iPhone 7 Plus would be dinged up and/or broken just after a few days. I like Lifeproof cases because they can make your phone Waterproof which is great if you want to take it into the pool or out snowboarding/skiing!
And there you have it! Tips for people with small hands who want to get the iPhone 7 Plus (or even 6 Plus for that matter)!
Have any tips for iPhone 7 Plus owners with small hands?
SAVE THIS TO PINTEREST