Morning Skincare Routine: What I Do Every Morning For My Skin And Body
Updated March 2019
Over the last few years, I’ve started a skincare routine. I wish I cared about my skin earlier but alas, at least I am doing something about it now. Here is my morning skincare routine. It will change with the seasons and weather changing or if I try new products. So I’ll be sure to share a new post or update this post!
Skin type: Oily with hormonal breakouts
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER HELPFUL POSTS!
HELPFUL TRAVEL TIPS
- Find a cheap flight using Skyscanner or Momondo. I like these two booking sites because they both search all websites and airlines around the globe including budget airlines.
- I use Booking.com or Tripadvisor to find the best rates on accommodations
- Having gotten sick on my travels in the past, I never travel without being insured. You never know when something may happen. For long-term travel, I use World Nomads and in other instances, I have used Roam Right depending on what kind of activities I am participating in (say extreme sports).
- Get up to $40 off your first Air Bnb stay by using this code!
- For more travel tips and other destination guides
- Follow me! Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Bloglovin’
Current Morning Skincare Routine
After cleansing, I put on some serums. I’m trying out a Vitamin C by Mad Hippie as well as “Buffet” by The Ordinary. Mad Hippie was about $30 at a local health food shop and I wasn’t sure what to expect. I put it on before moisturizer and sunscreen and now after 4 months of use I can say I have noticed my skin discoloration on my cheeks have faded and my skin looks brighter. I am a fan!!!
After the serums, I moisturize. In the summer I go with something light like Neutrogena Hydroboost Gel Cream. It moisturizes my skin but doesn’t make me feel like a grease factory. They sent me this product to try last year and I’ve since repurchased it. My friend also let me know that Costco sells a two pack!
For the winter I’m using something a bit heavier for me but I love it. I switched to Cerave’s Night Time Facial Lotion. It’s labelled for the night only because there isn’t sunscreen. So I layer sunscreen afterwards.
After I moisturize I then put on sunscreen. I purchased Biore UV Aqua Rich on Amazon which my makeup artist friend Katy let me try. It’s so light and sheer and SPF 50 and has rave reviews on Amazon. It’s an Asian SPF and you know how Asians like to protect their face from the sun. Hahaha.
And that is it for my morning skincare routine! What do you do for your skincare routine? Leave it in the comments or tag me on your social post. I love knowing what others do for their skincare routines.
**Disclaimer: Please note that links in this post are affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no extra charge to you. This is always appreciated but never expected. Many thanks to Deciem and The Ordinary and Lubriderm for sending over products to try. As always, opinions stated are my own.**