Moroccan Cooking Class With Khadija’s Kuzina In Essaouira
Are you interested in taking a Moroccan cooking class when you are in Morocco? One thing I like to do time willing is to learn how to cook local cuisine. When preparing for my Morocco trip a friend recommended taking a class with Khadija’s Kuzina if I was going to be in Essaouira. Looking back I am so happy we did this cooking class. Not only did we learn how to make several Moroccan dishes in this class but we loved our wonderful hosts, Khadija and her husband Hussein.
PRODUCTS THAT I USE ON EVERY TRIP!
Photos from my Moroccan cooking class with Khadhija’s Kuzina
The lovely Khadija
The start of our cooking class!
Spices are key in a Moroccan cooking class!
Mmmm chicken tagine coming!
Making maakouda or a mashed potato fritter!
I love anything breaded esp filled with potatoes!
Making batbout bread
Batbout bread sort of like a Moroccan pita
Our finished meal!
Dessert! It was a dessert crepe with a side of fruit! Yum!
Khadija’s husband Hussein!
With Hussein and Khadija (yes I look like this when I travel!)
Eating what we made in class!
If you find yourself in Essaouira, I cannot recommend taking this cooking class enough. Khadija and her husband Hussein were so kind and welcoming (you are cooking in their home!). There are other cookery classes options in town but I loved that we were supporting a woman-owned business as well as a local. The best way to contact them and to reserve a class is through their Facebook account, which I have linked here.
SAVE THIS TO PINTEREST
FOR MORE HELPFUL POSTS AND LINKS:
- For more travel tips and other destination guides
- Riads: Where To Stay During Your Morocco Trip
- A 14-day itinerary for seeing Morocco
- How to spend 48 hours in Marrakech
- 2 Days in Essaouira, Morocco
- A photo diary from Essaouira
- My Morocco hammam experience + tips for the first timer
- How to take the ferry from Spain to Morocco
- Click here to book the best deals on your accommodations
- For more accommodations in Essaouira
- Use this link to research your flights and car rental
- We used Europcar, the car rental company we used in Morocco
- Get a discount off your first stay with Air Bnb by using this link