Painted Boat Resort: A Photo Diary And Review
Researching your Sunshine Coast of Canada Trip?
A few weeks ago I went to British Columbia’s stunning Sunshine Coast and stayed at the Painted Boat Resort for a couple of days. Life has been a bit crazy lately so I wanted to have some downtime from Vancouver. I was craving some solitude in nature. I don’t always have the chance when I’m in Los Angeles so I thought I should the seize the opportunity while I was in Canada. Carpe Diem right!!?
While I was in Vancouver I did not have access to a car so I booked a Zipcar to take over to the Sunshine Coast. I took the ferry from Horseshoe Bay Terminal in West Vancouver and loaded onto the ferry boat headed to the Langdale. If you are not familiar with the area, Langdale is a ferry terminal in Gibsons, which is a town at the southern tip of BC’s Sunshine Coast.
TRIP PLANNING STARTS HERE
- Book the Painted Boat with this link
- More photos of the Sunshine Coast
- The Spa at Painted Boat Resort
- Dining Options at Painted Boat Resort
- Arnette’s favourite gear and gadgets for travel and daily life
- For more travel tips and other destination guides
- Follow me! Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
HELPFUL GENERAL TRAVEL TIPS
- Flights: Find a cheap flight using Skyscanner or Momondo. I like these two booking sites because they both search all websites and airlines around the globe including budget airlines.
- Accommodations: I use Booking.com or Tripadvisor to find the best rates on hotels. Hotels.com offers a free night after booking 10 nights.
- Get up to $40 off your first Air BnB stay by using this code!
- Travel Insurance: Having gotten sick on my travels in the past, I never travel without being insured. You never know when something may happen. For my round the world trip and extended long-term travel, I use World Nomads. For other trips, I have used Roam Right and they cover activities like extreme sports.
Here’s a map to give you a visual:
Map courtesy of Sunshine Coast Wine
From Horseshoe Bay you ride the ferry to Gibsons for about 45 minutes and then to get up to Painted Boat Resort you would drive north for about an hour. It has been a while since I have been here, I’d say at least 15 years if not more. I forgot how amazing the Sunshine Coast is.
Before I drove north, I stopped in for a quick lunch at Smitty’s Oyster House in Gibsons. Yum!
Once I got to Madeira Park, you see signs for Painted Boat and it’s just a minute or so from the “highway”
The property is surrounded by evergreen trees and the water
Car parks are located right next to your villa for easy loading and unloading
Read more here:
And now for a little tour of my villa:
I was booked into a two bedroom villa. Clearly way too big for just myself, but awesome for a group of friends, girlfriends, a pair of couples and/or a family.
My very large bathroom with soaker tub!
Here’s the second bedroom
Living room area
Part of the kitchen
Patio deck in my villa. I ate breakfast here in the mornings and sipped on my coffee and looked at the view below.
View from my patio deck
A view looking up from the deck. Gorgeous right?!
View from above the pool/gym area
The pool area. Hours were till 11 pm so I went for a dip before bed when no one else was around!
A view from the marina which was just steps away from my villa
I think Bob Ross lived here amongst the happy trees.
I had an incredible stay at the Painted Boat Resort. From the moment I checked in, to visiting the spa, dining in “The Restaurant” and relaxing in my villa. It was a perfect 2 days. The staff was so friendly and helpful. Several of them tipped me off to a great market nearby called the Oak Tree Market which sold in-house made sausages which I grilled for dinner one night. The resort is a place of true relaxation nestled in nature.
I can’t recommend the resort and the Sunshine Coast enough! It’s perfect if you’re coming to Vancouver and want to tack on a few days of exploring a new area or if you live in Vancouver and want a quick get-away. Victoria and Tofino on Vancouver Island can be quite a far journey and the Sunshine Coast is so much closer and just as beautiful. If you’re already planning to visit the Sunshine Coast, Painted Boat Resort is quite central so you can access south to Gibson or Powell River in the north very easily. It’s a perfect destination for a girlfriend getaway, couples trip, time with the family or like this trip, some time away alone. It’s very safe here!
I missing Painted Boat so much and longing for a return visit already!