Prague Czech Republic: A Photo Diary + Things To Do
Heading to Prague?
Previously, I had written about Christmas Markets in Europe and included some photos from a market in Prague. The last few weeks I have been working with Czech Republic Tourism on a social media campaign to promote different destinations in the country. It’s been really great exploring more of the country visually through photos on Instagram and reading about places on their website. I had never shared much about my time in Prague when I was there during my round the world trip.
TRIP PLANNING STARTS HERE
- Arnette’s favourite gear and gadgets for travel and daily life
- For more travel tips and other destination guides
- Follow me! Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
HELPFUL GENERAL TRAVEL TIPS
- Flights: Find a cheap flight using Skyscanner or Momondo. I like these two booking sites because they both search all websites and airlines around the globe including budget airlines.
- Accommodations: I use Booking.com or Tripadvisor to find the best rates on hotels. Hotels.com offers a free night after booking 10 nights
- Get up to $40 off your first Air Bnb stay by using this code!
- Travel Insurance: Having gotten sick on my travels in the past, I never travel without being insured. You never know when something may happen. For my round the world trip and extended long-term travel, I use World Nomads. For other trips, I have used Roam Right and they cover activities like extreme sports.
Having been frustrated with the state of hostels and wanting to stretch out my dollar back then, I decided to take up offers from friends who offered to host me. Many friends loved Prague so I decided to go last minute and stay with my friend Matt from Canada.
When I went to Prague, I flew via Easy Jet from Amsterdam. My friend Matt was teaching English in Prague and I stayed with him for about 5 days. He was kind enough to let me crash on his couch while I explored the city. It was December and at that point, my dislike for Christmas was starting to set in. It had come to my realization that being in Europe during Christmas was not the best idea since I dislike the holiday season. Alas, I had not planned to be in Europe in the winter at all but life situations made it so.
Without a pre-planned itinerary, I just wandered aimlessly around the city. Much of the fine details, I can’t recall anymore. But luckily I have some photos that help jog my memory. Photos of the Prague Castle, the Charles Bridge, taking a free walking tour by Sandeman’s, going to a very smoky local pub with my friend Matt, even finding a cheap (for Europe) Thai massage place, the cool looking Metro system, and of course, admiring Tancici Dum or Frank Gehry’s Dancing House.
Get the best hotel rates from Booking.com
The famous rooftops
More rooftop views
By the Charles River
St Vitus Cathedral
Zizkov Television Tower
Visiting Prague Castle
Exploring Prague Castle
SAVE THIS TO PINTEREST