Round The World Girl?? Who Is She? What’s Her Story?
If you have come to this page you are probably trying to figure out who the heck is this Round The World Girl (RTWgirl) person is!
A Sydney selfie
Hi!!! My name is Arnette! In 2011, I embarked on a round the world trip that took me through 19 countries over a total of 19 months. When I was on the road I met many travellers and we would often chat during our day tours or over beers or dinner. When you travel alone and meet new people, you share stories about yourself. You talk about where you have travelled or where you are heading. People were often curious about how and why I left to go on a round the world trip. Jaws would drop and people would ask me, “How long have you been gone?? Where have you been???”
In general, doing a round the world trip for an extended period of time isn’t all too common. People were in shock and awe. Some even started calling me “Round The World Girl”. That is how I got my nickname and the name of this blog which I started after my trip in late 2012
In Shibuya/Tokyo at the busiest crosswalk in the world
Don’t be shy!! Take a look around the site, say hi by sending me a message or commenting on some posts! I started this blog originally as a resource for friends and family who wanted travel tips and guides for the places that I had travelled to. I never imagined that it would grow to anything bigger but it has and now I’m doing this for you!!
At Cape Reinga on New Zealand’s North Island
At the Prague Castle shooting a crossbow
TRIP PLANNING STARTS HERE
- Arnette’s favourite gear and gadgets for travel and daily life
- For more travel tips and other destination guides
- Follow me! Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
HELPFUL GENERAL TRAVEL TIPS
- Flights: Find a cheap flight using Skyscanner or Momondo. I like these two booking sites because they both search all websites and airlines around the globe including budget airlines.
- Accommodations: I use Booking.com or Tripadvisor to find the best rates on hotels. Hotels.com offers a free night after booking 10 nights
- Get up to $40 off your first Air Bnb stay by using this code!
- Travel Insurance: Having gotten sick on my travels in the past, I never travel without being insured. You never know when something may happen. For my round the world trip and extended long-term travel, I use World Nomads. For other trips, I have used Roam Right and they cover activities like extreme sports.