A Simple And Tasty Recipe For The Best Guacamole
Do you love guacamole? I do!!
In a previous post, I wrote about how I don’t always eat out when I travel. I will often buy groceries and prepare/cook food if I have access to a kitchen. I live in southern California so I eat and have also learned to cook a lot of Mexican food. One thing I can make pretty well is guacamole. I actually used to despise avocados but something happened in the last few years and now I am addicted to avocados!
FOR MORE RECIPES CHECK OUT THESE POSTS:
- Thai Chicken & Shrimp Noodle Salad Recipe
- Salsa Recipe
- Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- Spatchcock Chicken With A Moroccan Spice Rub
TRIP PLANNING STARTS HERE
- Arnette’s favourite gear and gadgets for travel and daily life
- For more travel tips and other destination guides
- Follow me! Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
HELPFUL GENERAL TRAVEL TIPS
- Flights: Find a cheap flight using Skyscanner or Momondo. I like these two booking sites because they both search all websites and airlines around the globe including budget airlines.
- Accommodations: I use Booking.com or Tripadvisor to find the best rates on hotels. Hotels.com offers a free night after booking 10 nights.
- Travel Insurance: Having gotten sick on my travels in the past, I never travel without being insured. You never know when something may happen. For my round the world trip and extended long-term travel, I use World Nomads. For other trips, I have used Roam Right and they cover activities like extreme sports.
- Get up to $40 off your first Air Bnb stay by using this code!
When I stay with friends, I will offer to cook a meal as a thank you and Mexican food tends to be my go-to cuisine of choice. It’s relatively fast, cheap, and easy. And who doesn’t like Mexican food? It can actually be very healthy and clean!
There are a lot of variations to making guacamole. It’s very personal. I don’t like to add garlic and a lot of things to it. I try to keep it really simple.
Here’s how I prepare my guacamole:
- Take 2 ripe avocados – remove pits, dice, chopped and mash with a fork
- Take a big handful cilantro leaves and stems (fresh coriander) and chop it, and then add to mashed avocado
- If you like heat, take a jalapeno or Serrano chilli, chop it, and add – don’t touch your eyes, especially if you wear contacts
- I like to add in red onion – chop it into small dice, and add in
- Add a pinch of salt – to taste
- Throw in some cumin
- I like to add a pinch of garlic powder
- Add in the juice of one half to one whole lime. If you don’t have a tool to juice citrus, cut the citrus in half and take a fork to it to help squeeze out the juice. I love my guacamole really limey. How much is up to you!
*If you want to add minced garlic or tomatoes, that’s cool too. Add whatever you feel like!
Mmmm avocado! Dice it up and then mash it in a bowl
I love things to be hot and spicy!
Chop everything up and stir it together!
And the final product!
I may add more recipes I learn from my travels or easy recipes I make on the road. I hope this is something you will enjoy!!