Salsa Recipe: Homemade Fresh Tomato Salsa!
I love Mexican food especially since moving south to Southern California from Canada. I love salsa especially! I like to throw it on Mexican food as well as things like brown rice with black beans or even on to of scrambled eggs. The more heat, the better too! Salsa is an excellent condiment for anyone who’s vegan as well as people following a clean eating lifestyle.
Making salsa is so easy. If you have a food processor, throw everything into it and taste the salsa till you love it. If you don’t have one, you can make pico de gallo and just chop manually. Either way, so tasty!
SAVE THIS TO PINTEREST
Ingredients for tomato salsa:
- 4-6 Tomatoes > I use whatever tomatoes I have around: on the vine, beefsteak, roma…but pick nice red and juicy guys
- 2-3 Garlic cloves
- White onion
- 1 jalapeno or 1 serrano pepper – take out the seeds or leave in for heat
- 1 big handful of cilantro (coriander)
- salt to taste
- 2-3 limes (I love it limey)
All you need for salsa!
- Throw all ingredients except salt into your food processor and process till you like its consistency.
- Taste it.
- Add some salt and process again.
- Taste it. Do you like how it tastes?
- I never really measure things so just add in and freestyle!
- Remember that flavors will settle so don’t be too heavy handed with salt.
My trusty Cuisinart!
The key is to add in slowly and figure out what’s missing or lacking and add it in. I am always afraid of over salting and seasoning, so best to have a light hand and add. You can get super fancy and add other flavors in but I like to keep it classic.
The end product, tasty salsa, and chips! A healthy snack!