Sarong: Be Sure To Pack This Multi-Purpose Item For Your Travels
Need packing tips for your round the world trip? Be sure to pack a sarong!
Before I left for my big 19 month, 19 countries round the world trip, I bought a packable quick-dry travel towel by Sea To Summit. I read many packing lists by other round the world trip travellers and followed suit. This towel was amazing, don’t get me wrong. It rolled up tight into its own carrying case and it dried quickly for when I had to pack it and put it back up into my bag. The only problem for me was that when I needed a beach towel in Southeast Asia, it was a tiny square and not a very good one. But while I was in Bali for several months on my round the world trip, I bought a beautiful sarong from a beach vendor (be sure to haggle!!!). That purchase changed everything for me!
Besides being a beach towel to lay on, the sarong was also a regular towel, a skirt, a dress, a curtain in my hostel dorm for privacy, a headscarf and a scarf for when it was chilly in air-conditioned rooms. It dried quickly and packed up tightly as well. And the best part of all?? It was a beautiful souvenir from my travels. I definitely recommend buying one on the road and then having it in your luggage. Give a try, it’s really much better than a regular old towel. I know many travellers besides myself who also feel the same way!
Seen above is a beautiful Balinese sarong that I picked up on the beach….one of ooohhh about a dozen.
SAVE THIS TO PINTEREST
MORE TRIP PLANNING RESOURCES
- Arnette’s favourite gear and gadgets for travel and daily life
- For more travel tips and other destination guides
- Follow me! Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
HELPFUL GENERAL TRAVEL TIPS
- Flights: Find a cheap flight using Skyscanner or Momondo. I like these two booking sites because they both search all websites and airlines around the globe including budget airlines.
- Accommodations: I use Booking.com or Tripadvisor to find the best rates on hotels. Hotels.com offers a free night after booking 10 nights.
- Get up to $40 off your first Air Bnb stay by using this code!
- Travel Insurance: Having gotten sick on my travels in the past, I never travel without being insured. You never know when something may happen. For my round the world trip and extended long-term travel, I use World Nomads. For other trips, I have used Roam Right and they cover activities like extreme sports.