Shangri La Kowloon And Shang Palace In Hong Kong: A Review
Looking for a Hong Kong hotel? Book the Shangri La Kowloon!
A few friends are planning trips to Asia so I’ve been trying to catch up on writing reviews of places I’ve stayed and roundups of things to do. I have only stayed at a handful of hotels in Hong Kong but my favourite so far is the Shangri La Kowloon.
After spending a few days in Hong Kong, then a quick weekend in Phuket, I returned to Hong Kong for two nights en route back to Los Angeles. From check in to check out, everything at the Shangri La Kowloon was perfect….except for me. At the end of my trip to Phuket, I caught a stomach bug. Lucky for me I was able to recuperate in my luxurious digs.
TRIP PLANNING STARTS HERE
- Book your stay at the Shangri-La on Booking.com
- 6 View Points In Hong Kong Not To Miss
- A Video Snippet of Victoria Harbour
- Visiting Hong Kong Markets
- Visiting Lantau Island To See The Tian Tan Buddha and Tai O
- A Hong Kong Jet Lag Photo Diary
- 5 Hong Kong Must-Dos
- What To Eat In Hong Kong
- Arnette’s favourite gear and gadgets for travel and daily life
- For more travel tips and other destination guides
- Follow me! Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
HELPFUL GENERAL TRAVEL TIPS
- Flights: Find a cheap flight using Skyscanner or Momondo. I like these two booking sites because they both search all websites and airlines around the globe including budget airlines.
- Accommodations: I use Booking.com or Tripadvisor to find the best rates on hotels. Hotels.com offers a free night after booking 10 nights.
- Get up to $40 off your first Air Bnb stay by using this code!
- Travel Insurance: Having gotten sick on my travels in the past, I never travel without being insured. You never know when something may happen. For my round the world trip and extended long-term travel, I use World Nomads. For other trips, I have used Roam Right and they cover activities like extreme sports.
My suite at the Shangri La Kowloon faced the gorgeous Hong Kong Harbour. From the comfort of my room and in a robe, I was able to watch the nightly Symphony of Lights. It was epic! Every detail in my room was well-appointed. From the spacious size, a welcome tea with fresh fruit and dessert, complimentary use of plug converters, a desk area to work, and more. My hotel suite was the perfect ending to my quick trip to Asia.
The Shangri La Kowloon is perfectly situated in Kowloon. It’s walking distance to the harbour and sites like the Avenue of Stars, Hong Kong Museum of Art, the East TST MTR station, shopping, and dining. If you need to head to the other side of Hong Kong, you can be there in minutes by MTR or even taxi.
Here are some photos of my suite:
My spacious Hong Kong Harbour View suite
Complimentary water, tea kettle, and yummy snacks
Welcome tea and fresh exotic fruit (the tea was still warm the next morning!)
A gorgeous view from my room of Victoria Harbour
To add to my luxury experience, I had lunch at Shang Palace, a two-star Michelin restaurant inside the hotel. The restaurant serves refined Cantonese fare. The dining room is beautiful and my experience was elegant and exquisite from start to finish. Chef Mok Kit Keung leads the culinary team with a wealth of experience and accolades. Do make sure to try his own xo sauce. It’s amazing!
Photos from my lunch:
Get ready to get hungry!
Steamed coral clam dumpling with sea urchin, deep-fried taro puffs with roast duck, barbecue pork loin glazed with honey sauce
Soup of the day (sadly I lost my notes from lunch)
Poached baby spinach with cordyceps flower and bean curd puff in fish sauce
Oven baked cod fillet (sustainable) with egg white and conpoy
Baked egg white and almond juice tart topped with bird’s nest and gold leaf
From the moment I checked in, till the moment I checked out of the Shangri-La Kowloon, it was an impeccable stay. The staff was all so lovely and each detail has been well thought out. I know there are so many hotels to choose from in Hong Kong but the Shangri-La Kowloon will not disappoint you.
Read reviews on Tripadvisor for the Shangri-La here
Book your stay at the Shangri La Kowloon on Booking.com
SAVE THIS TO PINTEREST
**Disclosure: Many thanks to the Shangri-La Kowloon for the complimentary stay and meal. As always opinions expressed are my own.
If you want to stay connected to wifi while you are in Hong Kong, considering renting a Y5 Buddy wifi hot spot. I was given a complimentary trial while I was in Hong Kong and I was able to connect several devices at one time. They let me test it but for $5/day, it’s worth it if you are travelling with friends, business colleagues, or a partner. You can also check out their rates for other countries in Asia.
Links shared in this post are affiliate links. You are not charged extra to buy but if purchased through the retailer I recommend, I earn a tiny commission for the sale. Purchases through affiliates help me with the cost of running this site and sharing helpful travel information with you, my fellow traveller. It’s always appreciated if you use my affiliate links but never expected. Thank you for the support.**