Sydney Beaches: A Photo Diary From Sydney’s Coastal Walk
Planning a trip to Australia? Add Sydney Beaches to your itinerary!
Looking back at all of my posts, I realize I haven’t much written about my time in Australia. On my round the world trip, I spent around 6 weeks in Australia, visiting the country twice. While most of my time was spent in Melbourne, I did in fact, go to Sydney. In my short time there I can say that Sydney is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Sadly I didn’t connect with it as much as I hoped to even with new local friends. The scenery, especially Sydney Beaches, are some of the best city beaches in the world.
When my original plans of staying in a hostel fell through because of Mardi Gras (I didn’t know it was a huge deal), my friend Samantha saved the day and introduced me to a girl named Joanne. Joanne offered to let me crash on her couch in Bronte, an area of Sydney. From the airport, I took a taxi to meet her at work. After she finished work, we went to her place so I could settle in. For dinner, we decided to eat in Bondi.
TRIP PLANNING STARTS HERE
- Arnette’s favourite gear and gadgets for travel and daily life
- For more travel tips and other destination guides
- Follow me! Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
HELPFUL GENERAL TRAVEL TIPS
- Flights: Find a cheap flight using Skyscanner or Momondo. I like these two booking sites because they both search all websites and airlines around the globe including budget airlines.
- Accommodations: I use Booking.com or Tripadvisor to find the best rates on hotels. Hotels.com offers a free night after booking 10 nights
- Get up to $40 off your first Air Bnb stay by using this code!
- Travel Insurance: Having gotten sick on my travels in the past, I never travel without being insured. You never know when something may happen. For my round the world trip and extended long-term travel, I use World Nomads. For other trips, I have used Roam Right and they cover activities like extreme sports.
Need Sydney accommodations? Check here for the best rates
To get there we walked along the Coastal Walk from her place across the road from Bronte Beach to Bondi Beach. The Coastal Walk is one of many routes along the coastline in Sydney. Along this path, you will walk by beaches, rock pools, cliffs, and gorgeous views. From Bondi to Coogee is around 6km. Sadly I did not go all the way to Coogee. I will have to do that the next time I am in Oz!
Here are a few snaps from the Coastal Walk:
Along the Coastal Walk
The sun setting along the Coastal Walk
Sunset in Bondi
The Gorgeous Bronte Beach
Beach Pool At Bronte