Toledo Photos | A UNESCO World Heritage Site Close To Madrid
Planning to visit Madrid, Spain? Toledo is a UNESCO World Heritage site that is about an hour away from Madrid. Here are some Toledo photos from a day trip that I took during my multiple visits to Toledo.
When I was in Madrid in 2011, I took a bus and did a day trip while my friend was at work. On my subsequent visits, I went via car. If you’re interested in some tips on how to get to Toledo, click here for my old post.
TRIP PLANNING STARTS HERE
- Toledo Tips
- 12 Free Things To Do In Madrid
- Only have 24 Hours in Madrid? Here’s an itinerary for you!
- The Best Markets In Madrid
- Madrid Travel Tips
- A Devour Madrid Food Tour
- Want to stay the night in Toledo? Check reviews on Tripadvisor
- Prefer To Take A Tour In Toledo? Check out these Viator Tours
- Exploring other parts of Spain? Here’s a link to all the places I visited in Spain
- Arnette’s favourite gear and gadgets for travel and daily life
- For more travel tips and other destination guides
- Follow me! Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
HELPFUL GENERAL TRAVEL TIPS
- Flights: Find a cheap flight using Skyscanner or Momondo. I like these two booking sites because they both search all websites and airlines around the globe including budget airlines.
- Accommodations: I use Booking.com or Tripadvisor to find the best rates on hotels. Hotels.com offers a free night after booking 10 nights.
- Get up to $40 off your first Air Bnb stay by using this code!
- Travel Insurance: Having gotten sick on my travels in the past, I never travel without being insured. You never know when something may happen. For my round the world trip and extended long-term travel, I use World Nomads. For other trips, I have used Roam Right and they cover activities like extreme sports.
If you prefer guided tours:
Exploring this amazing UNESCO World Heritage Site - Gate of Toledo
Infantry Academy of Spain
Want to stay the night? Check out these hotels in Toledo
From Where I Stand - I was in the Jewish Quarter of Toledo
Walking through the maze-like streets
SAVE THIS TO PINTEREST
My photo doesn't show amazing this was (behind the altar in a gated area of the cathedral)
A skylight with impeccable detail
An outside view of Toledo
A view of Toledo from the Mirador
Third visit to Toledo this past year (2019) - inside the Mosque of Cristo de la Luz
At the Mosque of Cristo de la Luz