Travel Candle: Why I Pack A Travel Candle For My Trips
Why do I try to pack a travel candle when I go on trips?
When I am travelling, it makes me feel more at home when I am staying in hotel rooms or Air BnB rentals. A travel candle takes away the musty smells of rooms and they smell nice!
TRIP PLANNING STARTS HERE
- Arnette’s favourite gear and gadgets for travel and daily life
- For more travel tips and other destination guides
- Follow me! Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
HELPFUL GENERAL TRAVEL TIPS
- Flights: Find a cheap flight using Skyscanner or Momondo. I like these two booking sites because they both search all websites and airlines around the globe including budget airlines.
- Accommodations: I use Booking.com or Tripadvisor to find the best rates on hotels
- Travel Insurance: Having gotten sick on my travels in the past, I never travel without being insured. You never know when something may happen. For my round the world trip and extended long-term travel, I use World Nomads. For other trips, I have used Roam Right and they cover activities like extreme sports.
- Get up to $40 off your first Air Bnb stay by using this code!
My favourite candle in the world is by Baies by Diptyque or almost any candle by Dipqtyque. When I was in Paris, I was in heaven when I came across their flagship boutique in the Le Marais district. When I have run out of my lovely Baies candle and can’t source it close by, I will buy locally made candles at farmers markets. Incense can work too. It used to be more difficult to find Diptyques but now you can buy it at the Space NK shop within Bloomingdales or at their own boutiques. They have recently opened them in southern California in the Larchmont neighbourhood in Los Angeles and at the South Coast Plaza mall in Costa Mesa.
Photo credit: BeautyLovin.com
When I was travelling I stocked up at Space NK in London at their Knightsbridge store and then had to refill by the time I got to Hong Kong. I don’t light up my candle every day. I know it’s a major splurge!!! Over my lit Baies candle, I was able to explain to my boyfriend at the time what the big deal about candles was. He didn’t understand why people liked candles so much. He finally understood when we had long talks in a dark candlelit room. Wink.
Below are a few of my favourite candle brands in travel-friendly sizes: