Turkey Meatball Recipe: Delicious And Easy To Make Turkey Meatballs
Lately, I’ve been trying to change up my diet and eat more protein. I’m trying to eat less beef and have been making this delicious turkey meatball recipe a lot. It tastes excellent in marinara sauce or eaten alone as a snack. I wanted to share this recipe since it’s one of my favourites. Please do note that I’m not really big on measuring and tend to eyeball everything when I cook.
DON’T FORGET TO SAVE THIS TO PINTEREST
Now my turkey meatball recipe!
- First, I preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next, I lay some parchment paper onto a rimmed baking sheet so when I am done cooking, I don’t have to do much clean up!
Parchment paper is the best!
- Take one pack (or 1 pound) of lean ground turkey meat.
I always stock up when ground turkey is on sale at the market
- Open up the packet and put the ground turkey into a big mixing bowl.
- I like to add in a bit of Worcestershire sauce to give it a more beefy taste.
For a beefier add this!
- Now take half of an onion and dice it.
- I didn’t cook the onion this time but I actually prefer them to be pre-cooked in the meatballs. So spray a bit of olive oil into a pan, throw the onions in and then cook them with the cover on low heat. Add cooked onions to meat mixture.
- Take some flat leaf parsley and chop. Add to meat mixture.
- Take one egg and add to meat mixture.
- Add in some plain bread crumbs. I probably added maybe half a cup.
- Add a few pinches of salt and pepper.
- Mix together well.
- Form into balls.
- Cook at 400 for 20-25 minutes. When finished pull the meatballs out of the oven. I usually take them out at 20 because I will cook them again in marinara sauce or store them to be reheated in the microwave at a later date. You can also freeze them to eat later!
I have been eating this turkey meatball recipe with a homemade sauce but if you’re in a rush or lazy try to find a pre-made jar that is clean. I throw on top of zucchini ribbons instead of pasta. It’s an excellent low carb meal if you’re trying to eat less starch in your life.