Exploring And Improving My Photography Skills With Vancouver Photowalks
Vancouver bound and love photography? Try out Vancouver Photowalks!
During a past trip to Vancouver, I took a “tour” with Vancouver Photowalks. It’s not your typical tour where a guide takes you around the city and shows you popular sites. Vancouver Photowalks is a cross between a walking tour and an outdoor photography class.
*Updated April 2019
Be sure to check out my other posts about Vancouver:
TRIP PLANNING STARTS HERE
- Arnette’s favourite gear and gadgets for travel and daily life
- For more travel tips and other destination guides
- Follow me! Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
HELPFUL GENERAL TRAVEL TIPS
- Find a cheap flight using Skyscanner or Momondo. I like these two booking sites because they both search all websites and airlines around the globe including budget airlines.
- I use Booking.com or Tripadvisor to find the best rates on hotels. Hotels.com offers a free night after booking 10 nights.
- Get up to $40 off your first Air Bnb stay by using this code!
- Having gotten sick on my travels in the past, I never travel without being insured. You never know when something may happen. For my round the world trip and extended long-term travel, I use World Nomads. For other trips, I have used Roam Right and they cover activities like extreme sports.
To be honest it has been a while since I’ve dusted off my DSLR. Night photography is not my forte at all and I have been wanting to improve my photography skills. Learning how to take long exposure photos and shoot light trails is something I have been interested in. This tour with Vancouver Photowalks was a perfect opportunity to combine all.
One evening, Suzanne, the owner and one of the guides of Vancouver Photowalks, another student, and I met up at Canada Place. Suzanne doesn’t pack the classes so that people can get a bit more one on one time and personal instruction. We took some photos there and then waited for the sky to darken more (oh those long nights in the north!!). Then we made our way towards Gastown. Altogether we shot at three places. Not only was it fun but I was reminded how much fun shooting with a DSLR is.
Some Pictures From My Vancouver Photowalk Tour
Shooting at Canada Place
Vancouver Convention Centre At Night
Writing My Name With Light or Light Painting (Suzanne light painted, I shot)
Gastown Long Exposure Shot
Black & White Gastown Long Exposure
Long Exposure on Water Street in Gastown
The photo walk and class was really fun and I would definitely take more classes in the future. There is always room to improve skills and if photography is something you’re interested in, I highly recommend one of these workshops. Not only have I learned some new skills, but I also have awesome looking souvenirs from my last visit to Vancouver.
SAVE THIS TO PINTEREST
**Disclaimer: Many thanks to Vancouver Photowalks for the complimentary tour. As always opinions stated are my own.**